Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Trying A New Diet

Our son was recently diagnosed with PDD. I didn't think it had anything to do with diet.

However, he recently had a bowl of Weetabix and started bouncing off the walls.

So we are going to try a gluten-free and casein-free diet.

I want to chronicle what we have purchased and what he has eaten and see the correlations in behavior with each food.

Then we will see if it works. I am hopeful but I know this won't be easy. And boy are these gluten-free products expensive!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger BabelBabe said…

    You might talk to Gina, she is experimenting with a macrobiotic diet which I beleive has some of the same restrictions.

    Also, will you email me (I am at work till 7) at babelbabe(at)comcast.net? I have some questions I want to ask you about BFing past age 1. If you don't mind, that is.

     
  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Caro said…

    Oh Lisa, I thought one kid was bad enough. I can't imagine your grocery bill - not to imagine all the different meals you cook.

    Anaphylactic allergies are downright scary. Peanuts and dairy and wheat are in almost everything. Did you know wheat is in sausage? It makes it kind of hard to find foods without.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger Aimée said…

    Do it I'm a mother of one autistic child (5yrs now) since he is 2 yrs I do the diet the changes are real.... (excuse me but English isn't my first language....

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Caro said…

    Thank you Aimee and your English is fine!

    I set up this blog because I wanted advice and input. I hope you'll come back.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home