Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Guarded Optimism

My husband wants me to get SJ tested for gluten and dairy intolerance. I hope it just involves peeing in a cup - no needles please.

Today was day two of his diet. He didn't flap his arms once today! I'm very excited.

Today's food intake was:

2 bowls of grapes
3 cups of apple juice
1 1/2 cups of chocolate rice drink (He's not liking this as much as he did.)
A few bites of potato fried in oil
A bowl of gf pasta with Ragu tomato sauce
2 blueberry breakfast bars (A very popular food item.)
1 large bowl of chicken soup

I made the chicken soup with chicken, broccoli, carrots, onion, potato, salt & pepper. I was going to add seasoning salt, but it had whey in it. Everything seems to have whey in it!

It came out great. Usually, I use chicken bouillon, but it also has whey as did the vegetable bouillon.

SJ is actually eating more food than usual, probably because I am spoon feeding him. He doesn't like to feed himself.

"A" got in trouble for leaving her milk on the table. This was, of course, after I warned her not to and explained why. She is used to being a slob and she can't leave her dirty plate out anymore. I'll get her trained. It is past time!

5 Comments:

  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger BabelBabe said…

    possibly the doc will just have you do what you are doing - eliminate problem foods and then possibly introduce them back in to see their effects - before going to lab/blood testing.

    Sounds like he's eating very healthily for a kid. Check out Badger's post on her kid's eating habits; her sons is autistic, and she's got all sorts of dietary stuff going on.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger BabelBabe said…

    also you might want to check this blog:
    http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/

    she's a wee martha stewart-y but still...

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger EdotR said…

    I was wondering have u've been to tacanow.org.

    It's a great site if u're begining with the diet..has a list of ingredients to check out for on labels..and some other neat stuff...

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger EdotR said…

    when u go to tacanow.org..make sure to visit the GFCF Diet section...

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Caro said…

    Babelbabe and Mary, thank you.

    After I call back my friend who left THREE messages, I will definitely check out those sites.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home