Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Third Day of GFCF

Today I took SJ to the same Tuesday morning group I usually take him to. The group lasts until eleven-thirty but we always leave at ten-thirty to get home in time for speech therapy.

He always plays around the edges of the room, playing with the copy machine, trying to push the buttons on the alarm, generally being a turd.

Today he played near the other kids and with them quite a bit more than usual, and when it was time to leave he said, "no."

He ALWAYS leaves willingly, like he doesn't care that we're there. Today, though, he didn't want to leave. Woo hoo.

He did flap his arm a bit today when Tish, his speech therapist, got here. He was very excited. He flapped a little bit more the rest of the day, but not much.

He LAUGHED while he was watching TV. (Teletubbies) He never does that.

I went to the grocery store to buy some of the things I needed to bake gfcf. Xantham gum was on my list until I saw it was twelve dollars. Ouch.

Today he had:

2 cups apple juice
Lots of water
1 large bowl chicken soup from last night's dinner
half a fried egg
1 1/2 blueberry cereal bars
half a piece of toast with peanut butter
some grapes
1 hamburger patty
1 serving of corn
2 tator tots (I think these are gfcf, but need to check online)
Homemade gfcf chocolate cake with frosting - A BIG PIECE
Potato chips
A few sips of vanilla rice drink, but he doesn't like it much

My husband seems sold on this. I think he was unsure at first until the Teletubbies incident.

I'm afraid to get too excited, but still this is so neat.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Aimée said…

    Carolyne here in Puerto Rico I used to bake ready to do (only "milk" eggs etc...) The Glutten Pantry... in my family the brownie mix is the favorite... (everybody pa, bro, and JA too!!!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home