Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

GFCF Banana Bread

My Mom's banana bread recipe is the only one that I absolutely love. I have tried converting it today. It is currently in the oven. The batter tasted good, so hopefully it comes out okay.

Converted Banana Bread

1 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
2 TBS honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 ripe bananas (the browner the better)
1 tsp baking soda
3 TBS rice or almond milk
1 3/4 cups Hagman flour blend (I'll post that below)
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp xantham gum
2 tsp egg replacer (This may be optional. I put it in to be safe.)

Cream together butter and sugar. Add the egg, honey and vanilla.

In seperate bowl, mash bananas. Add baking soda and almond milk.

In 3rd bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, xantham gum and egg replacer.

Mix all three bowls together. Bake in greased, floured bread pan at 300 until done, probably at least an hour of baking.

********************

Hagman's Flour Blend

3 cups white rice flour
1 cup potato starch flour (Remember potato flour and potato starch flour are not the same)
1/2 cup tapica flour

Mix all together

1 Comments:

  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Sarah Louise said…

    wow, I thought xanthum gum was something you only found on ingredient panels. This sounds really good. (If I used my oven I'd try it, maybe.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home