Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Pity Party Warning

You've been warned. Read no farther unless you want to be privy to a pity party.



Okay. This sucks.

It sucks having a child who is trying to tell me something and I do not understand him. I am frustrated. He is frustrated.

His speech has quit progressing. Forty minutes a week of speech therapy is not enough.

His motor skills are taking off but I think speech is a bit more important.

I can't have a conversation with my child.

When I ask him a question, he can't say "yes". He always says "no."

He doesn't understand "after A we will do B."

He is a pain to take in public.

I can't go to the library at all. If I visit friends, he runs around tearing up their house while I chase him. I never know how the grocery store will go.

He is forty inches tall. He can reach everything. Nothing is safe from his grasp. It's like babyproofing for King Kong - it isn't going to do you any good.

There. I wrote it and I feel I am no less frustrated. Maybe it's because he got up at four freaking twenty in the morning. I want some sleep and maybe a weekend off from this child, maybe even a week.

Does this make me a bad Mom?

9 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger Undomestic said…

    You are NOT a bad mom. You are a tired, worn-out mom who needs and deserves a break. I hope you get one soon. My friend (who has a child on the gfcf diet and spends everyday at home as he participates in ABA Therapy) was asked by her husband what she wanted for Mother's Day. She said to be alone...and she's getting her wish. He's taking the kids away for the weekend, and she gets to do whatever she wants. Sounds like heaven!!!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Caro said…

    Thanks, Cari.

    I used to ask my husband if he would take the kids to the park on Saturday and leave me home alone, but he never got it.

    He is more helpful than he used to be, but I need to give up on that particular wish. LOL

    Are there books that tell how to do ABA therapy or is it something a professional has to do for you?

     
  • At 3:54 AM, Blogger Aimée said…

    You can do the ABA Therapy.... Check in Diff Learn

    You can try this too Chelation

     
  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Caro said…

    Thanks, Aimee.

     
  • At 6:17 PM, Blogger Aimée said…

    Carolyn:

    Write to this friend of mine... she's using de Clay Bath and she reports changes... she can speak english...Frente al Autismo

    ABA

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Undomestic said…

    I'm not sure if you can do it yourself...I think so. But I know it's intense and taxing. But it also costs beaucoup bucks for them right now.

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger Caro said…

    Everything to do with this costs the bucks, huh?

    Gotta have it - prepare to pay.

    I am going to try that clay bath and more at home speech communication.

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Blogger EdotR said…

    It's a difficult road ...I know...Maybe u can try to use the PECS System (picture exchange system) to facilitate comunication for the time being..it also helps with them understanding what comes first and next..

    PS I think ur a great mom!!

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Yoly said…

    I feel you.... autism is very stressing. I wish we could take a VACATIOOON.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home