Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another Food Cuprit

Since my son doesn't eat dairy or cheese, I worry about him getting enough calcium.

When he started drinking soy milk with strawberry syrup, I was thrilled.

Then the flapping and mouth noises started.

I assumed it was the soy and switched to almond milk. Then he was drinking strawberry almond milk to his heart's delight.

Only the flapping continued.

I looked at the ingredients in the strawberry syrup. Two stood out. One was high fructose corn syrup - a definite contender. But the one I'm pretty sure it is, is the red dye 40.

Now we have yet another thing we must avoid. Oh goodie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home