Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Sweets For My Sweet

Everybody is getting chocolates tomorrow. SJ needs some too so I hand-dipped some today. He had a taste test and loved them.

Peanut Butter Balls

1 cup powdered sugar
1 stick gfcf margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups gfcf pretzels, crushed (about two bags the 2.65 oz size)
1 cup peanut butter
1 to 2 bags gfcf chocolate chips
1 to 2 TBS shortening

Mix powdered sugar, margarine, pretzels and peanut butter. Form into small balls.

In double boiler, melt chocolate chips with one tablespoon of shortening added for each bag of chips.

Dip peanut butter balls in chocolate.

Put dipped balls on cookie sheet covered with wax paper (I used tin foil)

Put in freezer to harden.

Keep frozen or refrigerated. Very good stuff.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home