Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Discouraged

This is discouraging.

There are only so many ways to have meat and potatoes or meat and rice. Even my son has quit eating as much stuff. He is sick of this diet too.

Everything I bake tastes like crap. It is not the same as the "real deal." Rice flour sucks ass! Rice milk does too!

I have gained so much weight in less than two weeks that I can't even fit in my fat pants.

Is this all there is? Does it ever get better?

Does my son have to eat sucky food the rest of his life?

Last night he wanted a piece of wonder bread and I felt horrible not giving it to him.

Yuck, yuck, yuck! Yucky diet!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:52 AM, Blogger Aimée said…

    Well I try.... This is a long marathon... isn't a 100 mt dash run... Maybe it's better if you adjust your menu's to him... I don't know if in our Island we always eat rice 'n beans it is more easier.... But try don't give up....

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger EdotR said…

    it is soo hard..i know..but in Miss C i have seen the difference..and I feel bad when there is bread around and donuts..and she doesnt want her gluten free snacks..that taste like ..(place censorship bleep here)...but u know there are some things that aren't bad...like the Energy Crakers, and the Midel Sandwhich cookies...but have u noticed changes in SJ?

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Caro said…

    I noticed changes the first week and a few small ones this week. I'm not sure if they are due to diet or not. Aargh!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Caro said…

    I'm not giving up. I know this will get easier, but it is so hard to completely change the way you eat.

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger EdotR said…

    it is really hard..especially at the begining when u start reading the labels...like me for example:

    "corn..(good i think),..rice (good)..blah blah...wheat (dammmit!!!)"

    have to put whatever it is..back on the aisle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home