Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Finally Posting

Due to the stomach flu last week, SJ and I went off the gfcf diet.

I started him back on it Monday. He was like a little zombie, not horribly aware of his surroundings most of Monday.

Today he came back. He is a completely different child when he is on the diet.

That is all the proof we needed. We don't need a six week trial. We are sold on this diet.

Tonight was his birthday. He fell asleep at five and slept through dinner. We didn't cut the cake. That wouldn't have been very nice, would it?

I made him a yellow cake with vanilla pudding in the middle and chocolate frosting. It is all gfcf, of course.

My only complaint is that the pudding came out runny. I need a gfcf vanilla pudding recipe that will thicken. Maybe the corn starch needs doubled since almond milk doesn't thicken as well as cow's milk.

The cake was from the taca website. I already know it is good because my daughter licked the bowl. Usually you can't stand to lick the bowl with some of these baked goods.

For dinner I made chicken nuggets, rice with coconut milk and corn. I think he would have liked it if he had been awake!

I made him a plate and put it in the fridge. He can have it for lunch tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm reading your back blog & am impressed at all the hard work you put into your meals. I understand why you do it, You are one great Momma! I do have one question though, how do you milk an almond?;) Just teasing. I never heard of almond milk, but I haven't heard of most of the food junk you talk about. I should get into more health food for my kids sakes. They are trying to have chips for breakfast since school let out. I have to keep them on hand for their Dad's lunches & I have tried to tell them to leave them alone for now because they need to eat healthier but they will sneak anyway & then try to convince me it's healthy. Oh! Did you know if one kid breaks the rules & sneaks something, by law you have to let them all have it. Something about the whole world stopping & man kind will stop existing. I don't know if it's true, but I'm willing to find out.:D Now you'll know who's fault it will be if the world does stop moving.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home