Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

More Good Food

Yesterday I made refried beans, Spanish rice and carnitas. Everything came out great.

SJ enjoyed the rice a lot.

We need to buy more grapes. He hasn't been getting enough fruit and veggies.

I found gluten free pasta at Trader Joe's. It was only two dollars a bag. For that price, the whole family can eat it.

I tried a chocolate cake recipe today. It tasted enough like the real thing that nobody would know. I did accidentally put extra baking soda and baking powder in it. I thought I was using a measuring teaspoon and I was using a TABLESPOON. Duh!

It rose very high!

I saved the recipe. It's a keeper.

If Amazon ever sends my copy of "Special Diets for Special Kids", I will be a happy camper.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said…

    will he eat steamed/boiled veggies? Because it sounds like you could step those up. And I know that if I do stuff like mix up fruit salad rather than just hand my kids a banana, they eat more. I'll poke through my cookbooks and see if I can find you anything that might be nice and new to try. I rememeber a recipe for rice with chicken and broccoli that could probably be adjusted for the gfcf diet that was mighty tasty.

    do they make casein-free cheese?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home