Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Eureka

I checked out a Bette Hagman dessert book from the library today. Then I discovered what I had done wrong with my cookie conversion!

The Bette Hagman flour substitute on tacanow.com is only for bread. That's why my coffee cake came out great but my cookies didn't.

I am going to have to buy a Bette Hagman cookbook. She explains the properties of the different flours and why you blend them the way you do.

I am also baking my way through the cookbook I purchased from kurly1@rogers.com off ebay.

Her belgian waffles are BETTER than wheat flour waffles. I made her snickerdoodles today. Yum.

I didn't like her chicken fingers, but that is because they had rice flour. I coat mine with potato chips and corn meal - much better.

SJ did much better this week now that he is on his diet. We still have tantrums but his behavior has improved A LOT from last week.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger EdotR said…

    tell me about the chicken fingers, how do u coat them with the chips and cornmean?...I will admit i am completely cookbook illiterate..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home