Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

SJ's Favorite Granola Bars

This is another recipe from my ebay cookbook. It looks like bird poop, but tastes delicious.

Granola Bars

3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup corn syrup
4 cups puffed rice (I used crumbled up rice cakes)
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup chopped dates (I didn't have any - left these out)
1/2 cup raisins (Increased to a cup)
1/2 cup chopped apricots (Didn't have any)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (I increased to 1/2 cup)

Combine peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup in a large bowl. Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Spread into a 7 x 11 inch lightly oiled baking pan. (I used a 9 x 13) Cut into bars when cooled. Wrap each bar individually with plastic wrap.

The first time I made these, I also added half a cup of marshmallow creme to the first three ingredients, but SJ seems sensitive to marshmallow creme. Left it out this time.

Today he said, "Brrrrr, it's cold outside."

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home