Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

IPP Meeting

A lady from Alta Regional came out yesterday to discuss Sean's IPP. I can't remember what IPP stands for, but these are the services we set up.

I am signing him up for medi-cal. That way, if my insurance partially covers any extra services like speech therapy, medi-cal will pick up the portion they don't cover.

We are also signing up for respite services. I could have gotten more hours, but I picked two Saturdays twice a month for four hours. My husband is thrilled. I thought that was a good start, as it is eight hours more a month than we get now.

I can't think of anything else we set up service wise. We agreed that the goals for him in a year are:

Feeding self with spoon
Telling me when he has to go potty
Verbal compliance with commands at least eighty percent of the time

Alta also would have covered diapers for him. While the extra fifty bucks a month would be nice, I felt too guilty to take advantage of that.

Well it is already one o'clock and I have to pick him up at 2:30. I'd better finish vacuuming before he gets home. (He insists on stealing the vacuum.)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said…

    You so should not feel guilty about the diapers. Go sign up. and good job on the respite care too.

    am keeping my eyes out for gfcf recipes and whatnot for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home