Gluten and Casein Free Diet

My boring blog! My son is starting on the gfcf diet. I want to log all the foods and see if his behavior changes. Anyone who catches me feeding him stuff he shouldn't have or who has advice, feel free to comment.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Scalloped Potatoes

I have been neglecting this blog!

I think maybe SJ had something to eat that was suspicious this week. He was agitated and whiny. I am so tired of reading the ingredients on something and seeing the word "flavorings". AAARRRRGGGHHHH! That tells me nothing. Then I have to call or e-mail the manufacturer. I've sent out two e-mails now, one to Raleys and one to Prego, that were never answered. Thanks jerks!

Anyhoo, here is a gfcf scalloped potato recipe. It came out wonderful. I sucked them down. Well, I suck everything down, but they were good.

Scalloped Potatoes

1/2 cup chopped onion
2 TBS gfcf margarine
2 TBS potato starch
1 1/4 cup plain almond milk (because vanilla or chocolate would be nasty. hee hee)
3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (3 cups)

For sauce, cook onion in margarine until tender. Stir in flour, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.

Place half the sliced potatoes in a greased one-quart casserole. Cover with half the sauce. Repeat layers.

Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Uncover. Bake 30 minutes more or until tender.

(When I make these, I boil the potatoes on top of the stove until they are about half cooked. Then I assemble the casserole. That way, I only have to bake them in the oven for half an hour uncovered.)

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Mz.Elle said…

    Mmmmmm,sounds good!!
    That's a good idea,pre-cooking them,I'll do that tonight!
    I inhale most things too;P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home